February 03, 2013

Post General Election of Malaysia (13th General Election)

Whenever it is, it's coming! 29th April 2013 (if I am not mistaken) will be the date that is mandatory for the Parliament of Malaysia to be dissolved (in this case, automatically). In this article, I would like to put some thoughts on AFTER the election, regardless whether Pakatan Rakyat (PR) or Barisan Nasional (BN) wins.
(Malaysia's Parliament Building)

Let's start with PR, what if they wins? My prediction is that the country will be in the state of chaos. To what extent, I am not sure but I would place my bet that riots will be a common story in the news. This is because things isn't easy when a government that has been in power for more than 50 years goes down... Will they leave peacefully? How much things have been hidden and kept secret may be dug again. Aside from that, the government coalition at that time, the PR isn't solid enough that issues which are currently still unsolved might crack the coalition, perhaps. Processes for businesses will get tougher as things are based on merit which is good but I am sure some business owner will not be happy.
(Contracts will not be bias- I think! :P)

On the contrary, what if BN wins? Firstly, they will make sure that the opposition are tone down to a level that may not threatens them. However, this can only be done if they win big, more than 2/3 majority. If not, it ain't easy! Whether they will continue to be a 'giving' government, that I am not sure as BN has tightened their belts (a little bit) since opposition has gained some power since the previous election.

(Barisan Nasional VS Pakatan Rakyat)

Interesting times, isn't it?!

The Politician

No comments: