November 24, 2010

Adeste Fideles.

~Betch

Christmas is descending on us all and I see people are relaxing and looking forward to the end of this year. People just wanna sit back by the fire, cuddled with their families and sing 'I'll Be Home for Christmas'. That's one of my favourite Christmas songs. The feel of the song always makes me visualise a sense of warmth spreading throughout my body. Personally, I like the peace that comes with Christmas, it may be because it's the day that believers acknowledge the day of the Lord's birth into this world.

I think Christmas is a time where people basically retreat and reflect on the year. We think about what we've done, the people we met, the good times and the bad... and then we think about how we can make good changes for ourselves. As innocent and child-like as I sound, but I think it's more important how you've made a positive impact in the lives of people around you. People hide their insecurities and mistakes and they beat themselves up about it, thinking they're the only ones in the world. They feel all alone. So look around you... and talk to those that you feel need to talk, let them know that someone cares.

I may sound mushy and emo here, but you have no idea how much of an impact you can have in someone's life. Humans are created by God to have feelings and empathy towards others, hence sharing in their burdens and enlightening one another through lessons and tribulations in life. We are just designed that way to be connected with others.

This Christmas, may God bless you all! (and every other day afterwards as well :) )

Any fool can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~ Robert H. Schuller

No comments: